Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Dog's Trust

Sometimes, it's the little things that fill the heart. I had the dogs out earlier and was taking in the indigo sky and trying to find all the planets that are supposedly visible in the early morning sky. I treasure my early mornings. It's a positive way to start each day. Today, Friday suddenly came up lame and limped straight to his bed. When I reached for his paw, he gave me a look of such trust coupled with sadness, it nearly broke my heart. It didn't take long to find the culprit, a beechnut was lodged deep between the paw pads and slid out easily. The effect was instantaneous. Friday leaped in a circle and covered me in kisses, snorting with happiness. I laughed out loud. My dog thinks I'm a genius. I treasure the trust he puts in me and am reminded that I need to earn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment